- On the 13th of February 2008 the Dutch Ministry of Healthcare wrote:
– that they attach much value to honest information and remedial medical care to victims of medical errors
– that they would imply the Tell and Repair provision in their considerations in the preparation of the new law Client and Quality of Care, letter available.
- On the 10th of March 2008 the Dutch Association of Hospitals, the Association of Medical Consultants and the Association of Nurses and Caregivers Netherlands wrote:
– that they will organise a conference on the 23rd of April 2008 to list the wishes of victims of medical errors and
– that the Tell and Repair provision will be formulated as an official NTA protocol at the end of 2008.
Certainly it is important that the need for improvement of honest information and respectful adequate treatment of victims of medical errors is acknowledged and subject of serious discussion. However we emphasize that sofar no actual progress has been realized. So far the improvement of the position of victims is only a matter of words and not action. It should be clear that many victims are in desperate need of actual medical assistance.
We stress the urgency of the situation and appeal to all active in healthcare to speed up the process to achieve true patient safety, not only for the future, but also and especially for the present.